Monday, February 23, 2009

A Pirates Life for Us??

Regan needs to strengthen his right eye. So our eye doctor told us we need to patch his good eye. Start with counting to a minute. Then work your way up to two hours a day. Broken up is fine because of the adhesive.

So today I tried it in my own creative, piratey way.

I tried to get Regan to "play pirates" so we could have eye patches and a sword fight with blocks. I put my patch on first - my patch was a extra large band aid. Then I looked for "swords". Then I looked for a Disney Sing a Long dvd with a Pirate's Life song/skit. Then I put his on him and held him. I hit the timer to see how long we would go. I kept pushing the pirate theme on him. "A Pirate's Life for me...." "Let's have a sword fight." "Arg!" Then after 50 seconds, he peeled off his patch and ran away from me. "Come back here or I'll make you walk the plank...me hearty!!" I used up all my pirate lingo. I tried to coax him back but he kept his distance. I then peeled off my "patch" which had become part of my skin and hurt a lot to remove it. I think I had mine on for about 7 minutes. Yay me!

So here's the score:
Regan 50 seconds
Mommy 7 minutes

Both of us have red marks around our eyes from adhesive. And neither one of us have love for a Pirate's Life.

Argggggggggggg...

2 comments:

Novac said...

I'll bet by now that Regan has beaten your record!

Mim Jordano said...

You rock Shanna! Seriously, I love how you find humor in everything. :)